Friday, April 3, 2009

Quarter Three Reflection

1. What are you most proud of? What do you think are your strengths?


 It am most proud of my ability to work with a new medium with no prior experience and produce art that isn’t totally abhorrent. Point being my logo design, triangular tessellation, and google design. I guess I really like and am proud of all of my designs, excepting the rectangular tessellation. My mom has even put my pop art design on the fridge (though I told her to take it down -_-). It was really difficult working with photoshop at first just because I had no clue what everything did, or what tools were available to me. Now I have a basic understanding of photoshop, and I can manipulate the tools better. I think my strengths would be my creativity. I’ve come up with a lot of cool ideas in this class; I’m going to be sorry to leave.

2. What would you like to do better and/or focus upon for Quarter four?


I think I want to focus on using a broader range of tools. I have tools like the marquis, lasso, and clone stamp down pretty well. I’m getting much better at the pen tool, but I believe that I should try new techniques. I may not like how my designs turn out since I won’t be good at using the new tools, but if I work at it, I will improve.

3. How will you make this happen?


As I said above, I’m going to try new tools and work outside my comfort zone. I tried that with the logo design. I really hated using the pen tool because I stunk at it, but over time I became more comfortable with it. Now I can use it and get a fairly good design. I’m just going to practice, practice, practice! In regards to using new tools, I should just start clicking all kinds of buttons and looking under all the headers on the tool bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment