Thursday, February 26, 2009

Text Designs

































1. Which one of the four of your Text Designs is the most successful? In what ways? Please be specific.

Of my two text designs, I am inclined to think that my poultry in motion design was the most successful. I view it as the most successful because I think the picture represents the pun well, how the text looks fits the design, and I used photoshop well in order to make it. The chickens crossing Abbey Road like the Beatles really describes poultry in motion. It is both literal, the chickens crossing the road, and figurative in the sense that the Beatles used poetry (“poultry”). I also think my idea of putting the chickens in place of the Beatles was successful because the Abbey Road picture is famous, and many people will recognize it. How I placed my text and how bold I made it makes it easy to read. The way that the word “motion” is stretched also gives a sense of movement to the word. Finally, I think I used photoshop successfully to make this design. I think I recreated the background really well with the stamp tool.

2. List some of the tools that you learned and used in this assignment. Which ones did you find the most helpful and in what ways?

Some of the tools I learned and used in this assignment were the lasso, stamp, eraser, text tool, color adjustment, and the transform technique. I think the most helpful tools were the stamp and lasso tool. With these tools, I could cut out the Beatles and replace them with chickens. I could also cut out legs and arms to put in the sink. Using the lasso tool, I could cut and paste two photos together. The stamp tool was also extremely useful. When I cut out the Beatles, I had to replace the background they were on. I used the stamp tool to accomplish this. On my other design, I had to add on to the original photo so I used the stamp tool to enlarge the sink, add counter space, and add more of the view outside.

3. With regards to Design concepts and/or Photoshop tools, what do you think you need to know and what do you want to know?

I think I need to know more about how to adjust text, not just the regular waves or arcs. I also think I need to learn more about color manipulation and some things about making two photos blend better. What do I want to know? I want to know everything about photoshop. I want to know how to make the stamp tool cleaner. I want to know how to make everything I draw on here neater. I also want to learn some other cool tools like the stamp tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment